Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Season 2 Episode 1: Ironic

Baby Emily is currently in her carseat wide awake where I laid her after she fell asleep in my arms.  Remembering that she had tooted a bunch during story time, I carefully carried her over to the changing table to change her diaper after she had fallen asleep.  Of course she woke up.  Now she's looking at me with her big wide eyes and huge grins begging me to pick her up and play.  As much fun as that sounds, it's time to go to sleep Baby Emily!!!!

Today was a day when nothing constructive nor productive was accomplished.  It was not a glamerous day as a SAHM.  I decided to keep Max home from preschool since a freak snow storm came upon us and I was warned by many not to leave my house if not a dire emergency.  Today ended up being just one big, giant mess with several meltdowns.  I finally reached my threshold of patience after the following happened:

*Sam dumped out the entire container of cookie cutters in the playroom.
*I discovered a full gallon of paint in Max's shopping cart he was zooming around (no disaster there - thank GOD!)
*Sam got into our Crayola paints and brought them into the living room (disaster averted again...praises!)
*Sam dumped out my coffee on the carpet - ugh -- big mess
*Sam snuck upstairs and flushed our toliet multiple times
*Emily decided to stay awake for most of the day and not nap
*Max wanted to do a project...multiple times...and continued pulling out ribbon, tape, cotton balls and scattering them around the house
*Sam ate a red marker
*Max pushed and provoked Sam the entire day
*The boys refused to share
*Emily cried some more
*Sam took out everything I put away
*Max took out a small bag of Quaker bites, opened it in the living room, then proceeded to stomp on it.
*Sam spilled his cereal over the kitchen floor and continued to stomp in it
*Sam screamed the entire time I nursed because two of the railroad tracks would not fit together.  Max passively refused to help. 
*Max (accidentally) moved a chair on my toe (OUCH!)
*Sam sprayed our kitchen with water
*I stepped in the water with socks on my feet (absolute pet peeve)
*I currently have a very awake baby (that is absolutely adorable) but 100 things on my to do list!

So, during this time today, to keep sane, I wrote a new song...a spin off of Alanis Morisette's "Ironic"

A mom of two turned twenty-nine
She looked at her husband and got pregnant the next day
It's a pacifier in your orange juice
It's a babysitter cancelling two minutes too late
And isn't it ironic...don't you think

It's like baby spit-up on your favorite sweater
It's free formula when you've already paid
It's the good advice (from moms) that you just didn't take
Who would have thought...it figures

Mrs. Clean It All was afriad to hire help
She cleaned her whole house and kissed her kids goodnight
She waited her whole long life to hire the carpet cleaners
And as the cup of coffee fell on the carept she thought
"Well isn't this nice..."
And isn't it ironic...don't you think

It's like baby spit-up on your favorite sweater
It's free formula when you've already paid
It's the good advice (from moms) that you just didn't take
Who would have thought...it figures

A traffic jam on your way to preschool
An out-of-order sign on your kid's bathroom break
It's like ten thousnad toothpicks hitting the floor at a time
It's find the coffee shop of your dreams
And then seeing the "closed" sign
And isn't it ironic....don't you think
A little too ironic....and, yeah, I really do think...

It's like baby spit-up on your favorite sweater
It's free formula when you've already paid
It's the good advice (from moms) that you just didn't take
Who would have thought...it figures

Ellen - this is just for you!!!!!!!  Brings back great memories :D  You can add your own verses!!
\


1 comment:

  1. I love this, Kristie! The carpet-cleaning verse cracks me up. :)

    ReplyDelete