Monday, February 11, 2013

Episode 11: Dentist, Bats, and Princesses

All three children are awake so this will be short :)  Today started off with an early morning dentist appointment for me.  I used to hate the dentist.  I can't say I enjoy dental work but it is incredibly relaxing watching TV, listening to pleasant conversation, and just laying in a chair for an hour!  Good way to start a Monday.

(Chips, chips, chips.....that's Sammy's two cents for the day)

We played the rest of the morning.  While reading a book about bats, Max observed a bat eating an insect.  Max said, "Awww, that looks like a princess."

Hmmmm.

I didn't see it and realized that we are quite boy at our house.  When I questioned him how the bat looked like a princess he said it was because they both have faces.  Yes, that is true!

The boys and I did sit down and have a talk about rules today.  Sam is entering his Terrific Testy Twos and Max has slipped up a bit with behavior.  So we went to a no nonsense behavior policy today.  Here are our rules.

No Hitting.
No Kicking.
No Screaming or yelling.
No telling mom or dad no.

All these behaviors end automatically in their rooms...Max in his room and Sam in his crib.

I also added that if Max gets too crazy and silly and has had a warning, he must have 10 minutes of quiet down time in his room.

This is great for me because I'm getting awesome workouts going up and down the stairs.  The kids just respond so well to such clear and consistent discipline.

(Milk, milk, milk...that's Emily)...time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment