Monday, February 18, 2013

Episode 15: Double Date

Rock, rock, rock...that's what I do at night.  I have to give some amazing shout outs to my husband who is working endlessly on our house and painting our bathroom.  I feel bad that I sit down in the rocking chair at 8:00 p.m. after the boys go to bed and rock, rock, rock Emily all evening.  She gets so tired and wants to go to sleep by 8 but requires constant movement for 2 or 3 hours before she finally is settled enough to sleep on her own.  I did commit to cutting out dairy and hopefully that will help.  It seems to be tummy troubles.  I am actually so sick of TV but there is little else I can do.  Currently, Em is in her carseat and I'm rocking her with my foot.  I just have to remember to switch legs at commercial breaks to ensure one leg doesn't get freakishly stronger than the other!

Today was a fantasticly fun Monday!  We had not one but TWO playdates!  Pam, Sierra, Wesly, and Micah came over this morning for a belated Valentines' Day party.  Yes...count that up....SIX children ages five and under and two adults.  And it was fabulous!  The best part was when Sierra said, "oh my, both of your boys are crying and so is Emily".  I looked around and thought, "Oh, she's right, they are!"  I've grown so immune to crying!  Another great mommy moment is when I couldn't figure out where Sam's whimpers were coming from and then I realized he was in his crib upstairs...in time out...for who knows how long...

Still, we had a great time playing bake shop.

The children made cupcakes out of playdoh and placed them in muffin liners.  They used candles and playdoh sprinkles to decorate them and we placed them in muffin pans.  It was a lot of fun and all the kids proved to be worthy to work at Scratch Bakery.

The kids also decorated "mailboxes" (small gift bags) with stickers and decorated Valentines and envelopes with "stamps" and stickers.  Unfortunately Emily got really fussy during this activity and it was lunch time so we didn't get to play mailman.  We will have to play again soon.  It is seriously one of Max's favorite games!

We had our rest time and then Hudson and Lincoln decided to stop on by!  Max was a goofball, loud, crazy, and purely and delighted to see his partners in crime.  They played superheros, playdoh, colored pictures ate snacks, and read books.  It was just like the good old times! 

The cute moment of the day is when Emily sneezed and Sam said, "Bless you, Emily!"  I know, its not that cute in this blog but if you heard him "Bess you, Em-I-leeee!!"  you would think it was cute too!

No comments:

Post a Comment