Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Episode 9: Helm's Deep

Remember that epic scene in Lord of the Rings with the lighting of the beacons?  In my opinion, its the best scene out of all three movies.  The music soars as the camera races from mountain top to mountain top and chases the light of each beacon in order to warn of an upcoming attack.

I think every stay at home mom needs a hobbit named Pippin and a beacon.  Every time all three children are attacking me with pleas of attention, I would fiercely go tell my Pippin to climb to the top of the tower and light my beacon.  Help would then soon come with fierce sounding trumpets, horses, and a speedy elf, strong dwarf, and fierce brave hero. 

Where did this come from, you ask?  Yes, I do have a secret love for Lord of the Rings but the thought came to me as the boys were dancing to the Lord of the Rings station on Pandora.  It's finally happened.  The boys are growing into small men as there is no more time for Itsy Bitsy Spider or Row, Row Row Your Boat.  Now when we have our dance and movement time during the day, Max requests Schonberg (Les Mis) and Howard Shore (Lord of the Rings).  Sam requests "mean" music and loves the intensity.  Today Sam and Max threw all the pillows from the couch on the floor and jumped on them pretending they were snakes.  Emily didn't like the commotion and screamed through it. (Pippin, Pippin....light the beacon!)

On top of fighting epic battles, we:
Auditioned for American Idol with Twinkle, Twinkle

 Emily napped
 Sang some more
 Played fierce cars
 Had Calendar and Learning Time
 Ate Elmo
 Emily chose the color purple - she loved it! (I missed the big smile)
 Did more calendar
 And ate grapes
Okay, so its not quite the battle of Helm's Deep today BUT if Gandalf and Shadowfax ever want to arrive to rescue me, I'd welcome them with open arms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment