Friday, January 25, 2013

Episode 7: Move over Robert Frost!

Last night was another rough one.  Emily had a stuffy nose and was unsettled and unable to breathe through her nose for most of the night.  I slept for only a few short hours so my lovely husband allowed me to sleep in for extra half hour AND shower....BONUS!!  I think he was too terrified to wake me up in fear that momzilla would appear.


We had a stay at home day today and the morning was full of activities.  Here is the photographic recap of our morning:
Max played playdoh
 
 Sam growled at me.
 
Sam pushed Emily in her swing
While I ate a delicious huge bowl of Greek Yogurt and granola (yes, eliminating dairy lasted 4 hours)
Then the real learning began!  I decided to introduce Max to the Venn Diagram using puff balls.  We put red puff balls on one side and sparkly puff balls on the other side.  The middle was of course red sparkly puff balls.  Max did great and caught on right away!  He even drew his own circle for pink puff balls and then wanted to add pink sparkly puff balls to the middle.


 

Sam colored while we worked. He told me he colored a grasshopper.
We then strung Cheerios on pipe cleaners to hang on branches outside.  We talked about why birds had to search extra hard for food in winter.

Sam of course thought he was the bird.
 
Max found our advent calendar and was flipping through the pictures retelling the Nativity Story.  It was then heard him say, "And then the king of the night rode the camel of light."  Move over Robert Frost!  We have a poet in the house!  I'm putting my hope in Max to buy me that gorgeous mansion I have my eye on...keep rhyming baby!!
 
 
Emily worked out a lot today and has been very conversational.  She's going to be a vocal lady!  After an afternoon of cleaning and an eveningof America's Top Model while rocking Emily....its a wrap!!


No comments:

Post a Comment