Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Post 5: Three kids are a lot!

We all woke up in moods today.  Well, everybody but Paul and Sam.  Paul never wakes up in a mood.  In fact, has Paul ever been crabby?  Emily had fussed late into the night and woke up several times so I was feeling a bit tired.  Max was wanting a breakfast fit for a queen for breakfast and just couldn't accept a dry piece toast with jelly on it...really...the torture we put him through!  Sam bounced around from room to room content with his paci and Elmo.  Emily decided to tell us she wasn't thrilled with the morning either through her shrill cries.

So I had a decision to make...either make it a laid back day at home or busy morning out so we didn't even notice if we were crabby.  I decided on the latter and planned a trip to Target and the Indoor Playground again.  As we were getting ready and Max was being a bit slow in complying with my directions, I explained to him how he had to be my helper and get his coat and shoes on right away by himself to help us go faster.  I told him I had three kids to get ready and so he could really help me.  Max's response was, "Wow, mom, three kids are kinda a lot, don't you think?"
Yes, Max.  Yes.

We ventured off to Target already behind schedule with a list of 4 things to purchase (dishwasher dtg, Mylicon drops, formula for "oh no, mommy is not around!" times, and a Circo choo choo train for Max if he continued being my big helper.
With Sam strapped in the front of the cart, Emily in her carseat in the mainpart of the cart, and Max holding on to the back of the cart we zoomed through Target in search of those 4 items.  I again was told, "Wow, you have a lot of children."  Yes. Yes, I know.

After we checked out with our 4 items that somehow reproduced into 10 items we jumped back in the van to run back home to grab the cash we forgot and pull out of the driveway to head to the indoor playground when I spotted a garbage can that was not our own.  Back to the driveway we went and out came the garbage can for garbage day...phew.  Then it was off to the indoor playground.

Everybody had my great idea of going to the indoor playground and it was crazy but fun!  I shudder at the germs I exposed my kids to as I could spot the thousands of viruses crawling around but the boys had tons of fun.  Emily slept through it all.  Max found a friend, Dain, and they pretended that Sam was a shark and they were on boats.  Max and Dain ran round jumping, running, rolling around to get away from the shark.  Sam thought it was great fun (he had a ball).   I'm very proud of Max in social situations.  He makes friends very easily and gets a long so well with them.  He was zooming around on a bike when a child came and tried to steal it from him.  Mommy moment!  What to do?  Max technically had it first but this boy was being relentless in wanting it.  So I found another bike to give to the other boy.  This boy was really loving Max's bike and told me, "No!"  Well, I've heard that before, buddy!  So I subtly turned Max's wheel and whispered "Go!"  Max quietly zoomed away while the boy was protesting to me.  As soon as Max was gone, he jumped on the other bike and was content....maybe not the best mommy moment for me, but crisis averted!

Okay!  Emily's fussing so that's my cue!  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment