Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Reality Blog - starring Kristie, Max, Sam, and Emily

Shhhh....I'm secretly supposed to be making lunch for the boys but I'm blogging.....my new adventure.   BUSTED!
A crying infant who was chewing through her swaddle blanket to desperately find a milk source stopped from my blogging experience.  This was quickly followed by a toddler (Sam I am!) who smacked his head with Emily's toy and left a giant welt on his head accompanied by a flow of tears.  As I nursed Emily, Sam found comfort in sucking on Emily's pacifiers and chewing on Emily's nasal aspirator.  Disgusting...but who said reality programs were pretty! 

So this brings me to why I'm starting the Blogging Reality adventure.  You don't need 8 children to have a reality tv show and provide entertainment.   I am documenting and posting these moments for two main reasons:
1) To not forget these days as everyone keeps telling me that these years fly by
2) For my dear, loving husband

 
Paul comes home on a daily basis and asks us, "How was your day?"  "What did you do today?"  All of us look at him with this zombie look and respond "Fine"  or maybe "Good, we went to the zoo" (but the latter response is only if I had a 2nd cup of coffee in the afternoon).  Paul loves his children dearly and I feel bad that he misses out on so many of the moments. 

So here I am to report the good, bad, and ugly!  Never do I want this blog to become a brag session, complain session, or gloating session.  In the good, all the glory goes to God...only God can give me the patience and wisdom to raise my children in a Christ like way. 

Paul - instead of trying to put together a great Father's day project of our day (which you know would never happen - you're lucky to get a card!), I'm doing this blog mostly for you.  It will include pictures and glimpses of the good, bad, and ugly of our day.  When you retire to your oasis of the basement at the end of a long day, you will finally know what truly happened in our day.  The truth is that what happened are three beautiful blessings - that so graciously give us our purpose, life, and love.
Love you babe!


No comments:

Post a Comment