Thursday, January 24, 2013

Episode 6: Hot dog buns and door bells

Currently the house is amazingly quiet.  Max is at a friend's house this afternoon for a playdate and Sam and Emily are both sleeping.  Emily fell asleep on her playmat while working out  (on her back!) so I'm thinking that's a good sign the Mylicon drops are working :)

Today was another preschool day and the morning started off too early with too much action (like always).  I didn't get my coffee until the ride to preschool so I can't tell you anything that happened before that...too foggy!
Since we were running short on time, I was going to grab a bagel for the ride but saw that my ravenous boys already devoured the last of my breakfast source.  I grabbed the next best thing...a hot dog bun.  Then fortunately remembering my boys' love for carbs, I grabbed two more.  They were ecastic about the surprise after-breakfast snack.  We happily munched on our hot dog buns while Max and I played the numbers and coutning game.  Sam said, "ding dong!  Come on in!" the whole ride to school (25 minutes).  With his tummy full of hot dog bun and mind full of numbers, Max happily bounced off to school.

Sam, Emily, and I came home for a short while and then went to Miss Jen's house so Sam and Emerson could play together.  They colored pictures together while Jen scrubbed her furniture with wipes (major nesting going on there!).  The kids love playing and I'm so appreciative to go to just a calm, relaxing environment with a great friend!!!

Then we picked up Max from school, grabbed lunch, and Max went over to Sam's.  He was delighted to go on his playdate.  I'm cherishing every minute of this quiet time but secretly miss the normal hustle and bustle that Max brings to the house :)

Whooooo loves you??
Me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment