Friday, January 18, 2013

Episode 3: Cell Phone Confusion

Today is going to be a flurry of words VERY fast because it is GORGEOUS outside and I need to get the kids back outside today :)

This morning started off with Max peeking out of his bedroom saying, "Mom!  It's light out!"  Sure enough, I opened my eyes and it was bright.  I immediately knew something was wrong and Paul flew out of bed and reported that it was 7:45!!  After making sure that the other two were still breathing we smiled and rejoiced two things 1) we slept in!  2) we had no where to be...phew!

Today we went to the Imagination Playground at the Pioneer Columbus Reacreation Center.  It's a big gym filled with toys for kids to run around and have fun.  As we were gettling ready to leave I expereinced cell phone confusion.  For those of you who don't know what this is, here's the definition. 
Cell phone confusion:  The act of placing your cell phone in you back pocket and when it rings, you run around in circles trying to locate your phone - especially when spinning fast after a cup of coffee
After finding my phone (in my pocket) and confirming our playdate with friends we were off the rec center!
Max was delighted to get out of the house.
At the rec center we met up with Pam, Jen, Jenn, and Kim.  The kids had a blast running around and expelling energy.
This is one of those places where you have to make the decision about being a hermit or getting out and letting your kids be exposed to germs of every kind.  I had to restrain myself from jumping over a sea of kids to remove Max's thumb from his mouth, but I'm proud to say I managed.  After soaking my children's hands in hand sanitizer ever two minutes, I allowed myself to relax and enjoy the moment.  They were delighted to run around and play with other children.





I mean, really, look at their smiles.  I cannot deny them this time to run and play!  If I won the lottery, I would build a huge gym with toys for winter months.  There's nothing more that would make this mama happy!  I'm a firm believer that kids need to get out and play and RUN!  They were not created to sit down and be quiet. 

Then we called Paul and asked if he could meet us for a surprise lunch.  He agreed!  We went to the Cubs Club at the baseball stadium where it overlooked the baseball field.  Max was greatly disappointed that the baseball players weren't out but enjoyed the experience and a french fry or two :)  Sam thought it was a real treat to see his daddy during the day.  After a successful lunch of only two spilled waters, we headed home.


Max and I decided Emily needed a photo shoot since she turns TWO months today!! After taking over 200 photos, it is time to put the computer away and go outside and play! More cute photos of Emmy coming up!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment